Welcome to The Taco Shop Review. I'm currently reviewing taco shops in south Orange County, CA. Surfing and eating Mexican food are important activities, so it's important to review taco shops. The greasier, the grungier, the better.

See the Taco Shop Review Introduction for more info (scroll down after clicking).

My Current Favorite Taco (taste experience)

El Maguey. Incredible shredded beef.

My Current Favorite Taco Shop (overall)

Albertaco's . Epitome of a true taco shop.

Check out the data collection spreadsheet.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weighing the Taco Combos

I've been meaning to weigh in on this topic for some time, but I've been eating tacos and sitting on the pot.

As you'll notice in the spreadsheet, I keep track of food weights (in ounces). I keep a weight of the overall meal (2 tacos, rice, beans, and whatever else they throw on it, like lettuce and cheese). I also keep track of the weight of one taco.

For the overall meal, I weigh the meal with the styro box or plate (gross weight). Then, when I finish the meal, I weigh the cleaned off styro box or plate to get the tare weight. I then subtract the tare weight from the gross weight to get the net weight of the food.

For the taco, I simply place one entire taco on the scale. I don't clean the taco off in any way, so there is a chance its weight is inflated if there are beans or rice stuck to the taco shell. I weigh the taco with all filling (meat, cheese, vegetables, etc.) that are placed in the taco by the taco shop cooks.

I use a postage scale that was free from Stamps.com. I can't determine the manufacturer, but is does say "Model 500dw Max Weight 5lbs". I'll post an image of it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment